Have you thanked your #GivingTuesday supporters? Looking for another opportunity to engage your audience this giving season?
#MyGivingStory is the perfect way to keep the momentum going and capture the stories of what inspired your #GivingTuesday supporters to choose your organization that day. By taking just a few minutes to share their story, supporters can help your organization raise awareness and possibly win a $2,500-10,000 grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
To date, almost 400 stories have been submitted. Inspiring stories of courageous kids, incredible animals, diseases overcome, bridging divides between communities and much, much more. Submitting a story only takes a few minutes and could win one of 10 cash grants for your organization.
The 20 stories that garner the most likes will be sent to a panel of judges for final adjudication – this year’s judging panel include Arianna Huffington, Richard Branson, Marlo Thomas and more to be announced!
Here’s how it works:
- Ask your followers to post a short story (150 word minimum) on the #MyGivingStory tab of #GivingTuesday’s Facebook page.
- The story needs to be specific to one organization.
- Submissions and voting will be open until December 31, 2016 at 5pm ET.
- The top 20 stories with the most “likes” from Facebook readers will be sent to a distinguished panel of judges for final adjudication; participants are encouraged to share and promote their submissions.
- The winners’ chosen nonprofit organizations will receive grants for $2,500-10,000 from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Two additional honorable mentions for “Best Use of Original Video” and two for “Best Spanish Language Story” will also be awarded.
- Winners will be announced in mid-January, 2017.
How are the prizes awarded?
The prize structure is as follows:
- Two first prize winners: $10,ooo each
- Two second prize winners: $5,000 each
- Two third prize winners: $2,500 each
- New! Two honorable mentions for best use of original video at $2,500 each
- New! Two honorable mentions for best Spanish Language Story at $2,500 each
Do you have Spanish speaking supporters? Does your work lend itself to great video content?
This year there are two honorary mentions for $2,500 each for “Best Spanish Language Story” and two for “Best Use of Original Video.” Encourage your Spanish speaking supporters to share their stories in Spanish and your creative membership to submit their moving videos about why they are inspired by your work.