Introducing New Tools for Fundraising
We’ve created new ways that make it easier for supporters to raise funds for your cause and for you to help them. Many of these new tools are currently available for US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofits that have either signed up to collect donations directly on Facebook, or that can accept donations from Network for Good. Read on for the inside scoop.
New Ways for Supporters to Raise Funds for Your Nonprofit
New! Live Video Fundraisers
More and more people are going live on Facebook to share their experiences. That’s because live video helps friends and family feel like they’re in the moment.
Now your supporters can add their fundraiser to a live video. Have supporters who have created a fundraiser for your organization? Now they can attach that fundraiser to a live video. Then when they go live, viewers can contribute to the fundraiser during the live video. This is a great way to take advantage of the growing video engagement on Facebook.
You can add a fundraiser to your live video with your personal profile on Android and iOS. In order for people to create fundraisers on your nonprofit organization’s behalf, your organization must be a US-based 501(c)(3) that has applied or can be found in Network for Good. Learn more.
New! Posts with Donate Buttons
Your supporters can now easily raise money for your cause by adding a donate button to their posts. When creating a post, your supporters will have access to all of Facebook’s rich storytelling tools (such as tagging friends, checking into locations, sharing feelings / activities etc). Adding a donate button is simple (follow the steps below or learn more here):
- Click Feeling/Activity
- Scroll down to click Supporting
- Select a nonprofit
- Click Post
- Click Add Button to confirm you want to add the donate button to your post
People can engage with the post by liking it or sharing it with their friends and in turn promote visibility and awareness of your cause. Must be a US-based 501(c)(3) that has applied or can be found in Network for Good.
Make it easier for supporters to raise money for your nonprofit
Customized Nonprofit Landing Pages
Customized nonprofit landing pages are here! Now you have one destination where you can send supporters to create fundraisers for your organization.
Every landing page has a unique URL that can be used anywhere: in your email marketing, Facebook posts, tweets, etc. When people click on the URL, they are taken to your nonprofit’s customized landing page where people can create a fundraiser for your nonprofit, see existing fundraisers for your nonprofit, and learn about how Facebook fundraisers work. Must be a US-based 501(c)(3) organization and apply.
If you are using Facebook’s Donate products, you can see this in action by going to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers and entering your organization’s name at the end of the URL. For example, Feeding America would go to: https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/FeedingAmerica/.
Four Ways to collect Donations with the Donate Button
There are many ways you can maximize donations with donate buttons on Facebook:
- Collect donations when people visit your page: A simple and effective way to raise funds is by adding a donate button to your Page header. There are two places you can let people donate from your Page header: on a website of your choice, or if you’re a US-based 501(c)(3) organization, directly on Facebook. Learn more.
- Collect donations from your Facebook posts: Once you’ve established your organization’s story and impact, it’s time to ask for donations. You can then add a donate button to your post to make it easy for supporters to donate when they’re inspired to give. Tapping on the donate button will let people donate directly from your post, without leaving Facebook. This is currently available only for US-based 501(c)(3) organizations. Learn more.
- Add a donate button to your ads. If you’d like to make it easier to collect donations right from your Facebook ads, you can add a donate button. Clicking on the donate button will take people to a website of your choice to donate. This can be an effective way to reach new people that may be interested in supporting your organization or campaign. Learn more.
- New! Encourage supporters to add a donate button to posts. You can encourage supporters to add a donate button to posts. This helps you socialize your mission and gain new supporters by encouraging people to spread the word. (Must be a US-based 501(c)(3) organization and apply or use Network for Good).
With the New Year upon us we hope YOU find time to take advantage of this and the many tools Facebook offers to help nonprofits raise awareness and funds.