Have you thanked your #GivingTuesday supporters? Looking for another opportunity to engage your audience this giving season?
#MyGivingStory is the perfect way to keep the momentum going and capture the stories of what inspired your #GivingTuesday supporters to choose your organisation that day. By taking just a few minutes to share their story, supporters can help your organisation raise awareness and possibly win a USD 2,500-10,000 grant from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation.
To date, almost 400 stories have been submitted. Inspiring stories of courageous kids, incredible animals, diseases overcome, bridging divides between communities and much, much more. Submitting a story only takes a few minutes and could win one of 10 cash grants for your organisation.
The 20 stories that garner the most likes will be sent to a panel of judges for final adjudication – this year’s judging panel include Arianna Huffington, Richard Branson, Marlo Thomas and more to be announced!
Here’s how it works:
- Ask your followers to post a short story (150 word minimum) on the #MyGivingStory tab of #GivingTuesday’s Facebook Page.
- The story needs to be specific to one organisation.
- Submissions and voting will be open until 31 December 2016 at 5 pm ET.
- The top 20 stories with the most “likes” from Facebook readers will be sent to a distinguished panel of judges for final adjudication; participants are encouraged to share and promote their submissions.
- The winners’ chosen charities will receive grants for USD 2,500-10,000 from the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation. Two additional honourable mentions for “Best Use of Original Video” and two for “Best Spanish-language Story” will also be awarded.
- Winners will be announced in mid-January 2017.
How are the prizes awarded?
The prize structure is as follows:
- Two first prize winners: USD 10,000 each
- Two second prize winners: USD 5,000 each
- Two third prize winners: USD 2,500 each
- New! Two honourable mentions for best use of original video at USD 2,500 each
- New! Two honourable mentions for best Spanish-language Story at USD 2,500 each
Do you have Spanish-speaking supporters? Does your work lend itself to great video content?
This year there are two honorary mentions for USD 2,500 each for “Best Spanish-language Story” and two for “Best Use of Original Video”. Encourage your Spanish-speaking supporters to share their stories in Spanish and your creative membership to submit their moving videos about why they are inspired by your work.