Enable people to fundraise
Learn about tools and best practices to activate your supporters to fundraise for your charity on Facebook. Currently, charitable organisations based in selected countries are eligible to apply.Apply to use fundraising tools
FundraisersFundraisers allow people on Facebook to raise money for causes directly on Facebook. People can tell their stories, spread awareness about charities and rally support around a goal.
Live video fundraisersOnce a person has created a fundraiser, they can add the donate button to their live video to allow viewers to donate to their fundraiser. People can donate during the live video or from the published recording of the live video on their profile’s Timeline. This is a great way to take advantage of the growing video engagement on Facebook. Learn how supporters can attach a fundraiser to a live video.
Charitable PagesA charitable Page is a place where people can create a fundraiser for your charity, see existing fundraisers from other supporters and learn how Facebook fundraisers work. Every landing page has a unique URL that can be used anywhere: in email marketing, Facebook posts, your website or other channels.
- You can find an approved charity’s customised charitable landing page by going to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/CHARITYNAME.
- For example, Feeding America would go to: https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/FeedingAmerica/
Donate buttonsSupporters who may not want to create their own fundraiser but want to drive engagement for others can easily add a donate button to any post or live video.
Donate button in postsPeople can add a donate button to their posts. The donate button can be attached to any post including a video, photos or text. This is a great way for your supporters to promote one-off requests for your organisation without having to commit to a fundraising goal or timeline. Learn how supporters can add a donate button to their posts.
Live video donate buttonsFacebook Live offers supporters an opportunity to share experiences as they happen, especially during key cultural moments. People can add a donate button to their live video to help raise money for a charity, and now celebrities, businesses and other organisations that have a verified Page on Facebook can do so as well. Viewers can donate as they watch the live video or when the video has been posted. This is a great way to rally supporters around a cause.
How to get accessFacebook offers a suite of tools to allow supporters to fundraise on behalf of eligible charitable organisations (learn more about eligibility). To receive distributions, your charity must apply and be approved by Facebook Payments. If your organisation has not applied and is a US-based 501(c)(3) organisation, you could receive distributions through the Network for Good donor-advised fund if you are listed in GuideStar. Learn more about requirements and our partnerships. Questions about fundraising tools? Visit the Help Centre.
- Ask their donors to create fundraisers on behalf of their organisation.
- Give them the right tools to launch a successful fundraiser.
Tips to activate your supporters to use fundraisersTo take full advantage of fundraisers on Facebook, there are two important things charities need to do: 1) ask their donors to create fundraisers on behalf of their organisation; and 2) give them the right tools to launch a successful fundraiser. To achieve these strategies, take a look at our “Tips to activate your supporters to use fundraisers” below.
- Download our Activation Guide to learn how to encourage your supporters to launch fundraisers before your next big cause campaign.
- Know when to educate your supporters with our guiding calendar resource.
- Email your supporter list and get them up to speed with Facebook fundraisers. They know you, trust you and look to your organisation for direction. Use the text in this PDF as a starting template for emails to send to train your supporters.
- Post on your Page to encourage your supporters and share fundraising tips with them.
- Here’s an infographic with ten ideas you can share to help them boost their fundraising efforts.
- Have specific questions about fundraising tools, reporting and payments? Visit the Help Centre.