Enhance your Page
Here are a few recommendations for getting the most out of your Facebook Page sections.
This is your chance to give people a quick preview of what your organisation does. Use the About section to briefly state the mission of your organisation and its impact. This is also a good place for contact information.
Your profile picture is a way to help people recognise your brand when they see a post from your Page in News Feed. We recommend a square version of your organisation’s logo. Bear in mind that it’ll often appear small.
Your cover photo should be an image that represents the work your organisation does and the communities it serves. Use a high-quality image that is visually appealing. Your cover photo can be changed at any time and is a good place to feature a special event or initiative. Learn more about guidelines for Page cover photos. Image format recommendations:
- Choose a high-resolution photo.
- Choose an image that is at least 720 pixels wide by 150 pixels tall. Cover photos are displayed at 828 pixels wide by 315 pixels tall on your Page.
- Use PNG file format rather than JPEG.
- Keep the image file size under 99 KB.
- Avoid small text in images.
Video and images
Adding photos and albums to your Page will provide more depth and a greater understanding of the work your organisation does and the impact you create. When you upload a photo or album, your supporters will see it as a post in News Feed. If you have videos that showcase your organisation’s work and mission, add those here, too. Some additional tips:
- Add descriptions to your photos.
- Tag volunteers and supporters in the photos when possible.
Milestones are a great way to show people the history and progress of your organisation. Your Page is also the place to celebrate your organisation’s achievements, such as a programme launch or anniversary. Consider including things such as:
- When your organisation was founded
- Impact of successful programmes and events
- Your organisation’s contributions to the progress made on major issues
Your Page is a great way to let people know about events your organisation is hosting. All you need to do is click Event, Milestone, Note +, then choose Event. Events created from Pages are visible to the public. When people accept your invitation, it’ll be added to their list of Facebook events. They’ll get notifications when you make a change to the event and will get reminders of the event’s date and time. You can also see who’s accepted your invitation, so you can plan for the amount of people you expect.
A note is a version of a post that you can use for longer messages or statements.
If your Page’s category is Companies & Organisations or Local Businesses, your Page may be eligible for a grey verification badge.
- Appear higher in search results to attract more visitors
- Have a verified badge to let visitors know that the Page is authentic
If you’re an admin and your Page has a profile picture and cover photo and is eligible, you’ll see this option in your Page’s settings. Visit the Help Centre for instructions on how to verify your Page. For ongoing enhancements, you can manage your organisation’s Page with the Page admin tools at the top of your Page. See our section Get to know the Page admin tools for more information.