Facebook Events are custom pages that help you organize supporters to participate in specific activities. You can set up public or private events quickly and easily and invite as few or as many people as you'd like.
Use Facebook events to organize supporters around specific activities. You can quickly create a public or private event and reach the people you care about in one place.
You may choose to create an event on Facebook to get the word out about your cause and get supporters together at a specific time and place, or when you’re hosting a private event where you’d like to invite guests and manage RSVPs.
- Let your supporters know about volunteer opportunities, fundraisers and other upcoming activities, both big and small.
- Build buzz around your event by sharing it to your Page’s Timeline.
- Let supporters know they can subscribe to your events and be notified when you’ve added new events near them.
- Share images and videos taken during the event with attendees.
- Automatically create an ongoing event calendar for your audience.
- Create events only visible to specific members of a group.
To create an event from your Page:
- Go to your Page, then click Offer, Event + or Event, Milestone+ at the top of your Page’s Timeline
- Select Event
- Add details about your event
- Click Create
When creating your event, you can:
- Name your event. Give your event a short, clear name so people know what it’s about.
- Add your location. Use a location that corresponds to a Facebook Page or a Facebook-suggested location so that people in the area can learn about your event. If a Page can’t be created, use the full address. This way our system can link to directions for how to find the event and recommend it to people who live nearby.
- Choose co-hosts. Add co-hosts who are connected to the event. This helps expand the reach of your event and allows others to update details.
- Add a ticket link. If you’re selling tickets for your event, you can include a link to the ticket agent or site.
- Give details. Tell people why they should attend your event, how to find the venue and other important details like if a ticket is needed.
- Pick an event photo. Include a photo that represents your event. Keep in mind that people may see the photo in other places on Facebook, like News Feed, notifications and search. Photos should be 1920 x 1080 (16:9 ratio) or larger and include little or no text.
To learn more, visit our Events page.
Personal vs. Page event
There are two ways to create an event on Facebook: 1) from your personal profile and 2) from your nonprofit’s Page. If you create an event from your personal profile, you’ll have the ability to send invites directly to the inbox of your Friend’s on Facebook. With Page-created events, you can share your event publicly and ask people to personally invite their Friends using the event invite button.
How do I invite friends?
You can invite your supporters to your event directly on Facebook. Target your invites to those most interested in your events to increase your response rate. You can also alert your offline supporters via email or your website to RSVP to your events using the event URL.
If you’re a host of an event, you can invite your supporters to the event on Facebook. Event creators are automatically listed as hosts.
To invite people to an event that’s already been created:
- Go to the event
- Click Invite in the top right, below the photo
- Search for and select friends to invite and then click Send Invites
As an event host, you can choose different privacy settings for who can see, join or invite guests to your event. Here are a few ways to get supporters engaged:
- Engage attendees with your event page. Share pictures, stories and updates on your event to keep people engaged. Before your event, it helps build awareness and get people interested. During the event, use it to give updates and attract last-minute attendees. After your event, you can thank attendees and invite people to future events.
- Share your event to your Page. Share your event directly to your Page so your audience knows about it.
- Get subscribers for your events. Share your upcoming events to your Page and let people know they can subscribe to them. This helps build a following for your events and notifies subscribers when you’ve created new events happening near them.
- Manage your event calendar. You can add any event to your Page’s calendar (even if you aren’t hosting it) to let your audience know about it. If people have subscribed to your Page’s events, they’ll be notified after you add a event near them.
- Reach people with ads. You can create ads to get more event responses or conversions to your website. Event creators often get better results when they:
- Sell event tickets. You can create an ad specifically optimized to sell tickets to your event.
- Tap into your attendees’ networks. Try to get more people to connect to your public event. When someone says they’re going to your event, it creates a story that may appear in News Feed so their friends and followers can see they’re going and join as well.
How do I monitor my event responses?
To see who’s responded to an invitation for a public event, go to the event and click Interested and Going in the guest list on the right.
You can keep an eye on the event to see what people are saying and answer any questions. As the event gets close, post to the event to let people know the latest details.
To learn more, visit our Events page.