We've recently launched a new set of tools to help eligible nonprofits raise funds on Facebook. You can now collect donations through a number of tools on your Page, ads, posts, and live video.Apply To Use Fundraising Tools
Donate buttonsYou can add a donate button to your Page header and ads to make it easy for people to donate to your organization by directing them to a website of your choice. To accept donations directly on Facebook and add a donate button to your Page posts and live video there are requirements: US-based 501(c)(3) organizations with a verified Page can use Facebook donation tools and receive distributions if they apply and are approved by Facebook Payments. Learn more about requirements and our partnerships.
FundraisersFundraisers enable people to raise money for your nonprofit on Facebook. Your supporters can set up a dedicated page to share their story, tell others about your mission and rally around a fundraising goal. These tools are currently available to the supporters of US-based 501(c)(3) organizations that are approved to collect donations through Facebook Payments. If your nonprofit has not applied, you could receive distributions through the Network for Good Donor Advised Fund if you are listed in GuideStar (see requirements).
If donations are a significant part of your organization’s funding, you may choose to place the donate button on your Page to encourage visitors to contribute. If you use ads to reach people, you can include a donate button as part of your advertising strategy to make it easy for people to understand your ask and contribute.
If you are a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit and would like to collect donations directly on Facebook, sign up here to get access to fundraising tools such as donate buttons for posts and live videos. You can also encourage your supporters to fundraise through Facebook fundraisers, which enable people to raise money for your organization directly on Facebook by setting up a dedicated page.
You can use Facebook’s fundraising tools to help your organization:
- Collect donations when people visit your Page
- Collect donations from your Facebook posts and now live video
- Add a donate button to your ads
- Enable people to fundraise for your organization
To Add a donate button to your Page headerA simple and effective way to raise funds is by adding a donate button to your Page header. As people visit your Page you can easily collect contributions.
- Go to your nonprofit page (as an Admin).
- Select ‘Add a button’ and then you hover over and select ‘Edit call to action’.
- Select Donate through the drop-down:*
- Select donate through Facebook if you’ve applied
- Select donate through a website if you want to direct users to your site
To add a donate button to your Page postsYou can add a donate button to posts from your Page to make it easy for supporters to donate on Facebook when they are inspired to give.
Add a donate button to your adsIf you’d like to make it easier to collect donations right from your Facebook ads, you can add a donate button. Clicking on the donate button will take people to a website of your choice to donate.
- Create an ad in Ads Manager with one of these objectives: “Send people to your website,” “Increase conversions on your website” or “Get installs of your app.”
- When choosing your ad creative you’ll be given the option to add a call-to-action button. Choose Donate from the dropdown list and place your order.
Add a donate button to your Live video
- Sign up here. See requirements.
- Once you are approved, go to Facebook on your mobile device and tap the “Live” button.
- Before going live, tap on the “…” button for more options on the bottom left-hand corner of the screen. Tap “add donate button” and select your nonprofit.
- Go live, and the donate button for the nonprofit you selected will be attached to the bottom of your live video, allowing friends or fans to donate directly from the video as they watch or after you post the video to your Page.
- People will be able to see how much money has been raised.
Customizing Donation AmountsTo customize the donation amounts on your Page and in your posts, go to your Publishing Tools and select “Donation settings”.
- From there you can edit the quantities of the donation amount for posts and your Page header separately.
- Your settings will apply to all of your posts.
Activate fundraising for your Page:
- Sign up here for Facebook Payments. You must be a US-based 501(c)(3) organization. See requirements. Note: If your nonprofit has not applied, you could receive distributions through the Network for Good Donor Advised Fund if you are listed in GuideStar. Learn more about requirements and our partnerships.
- Check your fundraiser tab on your Facebook Page to see what fundraisers have been created by your supporters.
Add a fundraising tab to your Page:To turn on the fundraisers tab, you need to add it to your Page.
- Go to your Page Settings
- Click on Edit Page scroll to the Tabs section
- Toggle on the Fundraisers tab.
Access your customized landing page:A customized nonprofit landing page is where people can create a fundraiser, see existing fundraisers for your nonprofit, and learn how Facebook fundraisers work. Every landing page has a unique URL that can be used anywhere: in email marketing, Facebook posts, tweets, etc.
- You can find an organization’s customized nonprofit landing page by going to https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/NONPROFITNAME.
- For example, to Feeding America would go to: https://www.facebook.com/fundraisers/FeedingAmerica/