We've recently launched a new set of tools to help nonprofits raise funds on Facebook. You can now collect donations through a number of tools on your Page, ads and posts.Apply To Use Fundraising Tools
You can add a Donate button to your Page and ads that lets people donate to your organization through a website of your choice. We’re also offering tools that enable some nonprofits to collect contributions directly on Facebook.
Donate buttons: You can add a Donate button to your Page header and ads to make it easy for people to donate to your organization by directing them to a website of your choice to donate. US-based 501(c)(3) organizations can also add a donate button to your Page posts and Page header to allow people to donate directly on Facebook with a few taps.
Fundraisers: US-Based 501(c)(3)organizations are eligible for our fundraisers product. Fundraisers enable people to raise money for your nonprofit on Facebook. Your supporters can set up a dedicated page to share their story, tell others about your mission and rally around a fundraising goal.
If donations are a significant part of your organization’s funding, you may choose to place the Donate button on your Page to encourage visitors to contribute. If you use ads to reach people, you can include a Donate button as part of your advertising strategy to make it easy for people to understand your ask and contribute.
If you are a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit and would like to collect donations directly on Facebook, you can sign up here to get access to new additional fundraising tools: our Donate button for Page headers and posts allows you collect donations with a few taps right from your Page. Fundraisers enable people to raise money for your organization directly on Facebook by setting up a dedicated page.
- Collect donations when people visit your Page
- Collect donations from your Facebook posts
- Add a donate button to your ads
- Enable people to fundraise for your organization
If you are a US-based 501(c)(3) nonprofit and would like to be able to collect donations directly on Facebook with a donate button on your Page header and posts, you can sign up here to get access. Signing up will also give you access to fundraisers if you find your Page is not automatically enabled for the product.
Add a donate button to your Page headerA simple and effective way to raise funds is by adding a donate button to your Page header. As people visit your Page either because they are interested in your organization or because of a current event, you can easily collect contributions.
To add a button that lets people donate on a website of your choice.
- Go to your Page’s cover photo and click Create Call to Action
- Choose Donate and then enter the URL of the site where people can donate, like your website’s fundraising page.
- Click Create.
Add a donate button to your Page postsOnce you’ve established your organization’s story and impact, it’s time to ask for donations. You can then add a Donate Now button to your post to make it easy for supporters to donate on Facebook when they are inspired to give.
To add a Donate Now button to your Page posts:
- Sign up for this product here. You must be a US-based 501(c)(3) to sign up at this time.
- A link will pop up asking if you want to add a Donate Now button
- Fill in your title and description and click ‘Publish’
Add a donate button to your adsIf you’d like to make it easier to collect donations right from your Facebook ads, you can add a donate button. Clicking on the donate button will take people to a website of your choice to donate.
- Create an ad in Ads Manager with one of these objectives: “Send people to your website,” “Increase conversions on your website” or “Get installs of your app.”
- When choosing your ad creative you’ll be given the option to add a call-to-action button. Choose Donate from the dropdown list and place your order.
Enable people to fundraise for your organizationFundraisers let people raise money for your nonprofit on Facebook. Your supporters can set up a dedicated page to share their story, tell others about your mission and rally around a fundraising goal.
To enable fundraising for your Page:
- Sign up for this product here. You must be a US-based 501(c)(3 to sign up at this time.
- Check your fundraiser tab on your Facebook Page to see what fundraisers have been created by your supporters.
To get answers to frequently asked questions, please see our help center here.
For top FAQs, download our FAQ guide.