Payment & Reporting
Details about payment, payout and reporting processes for fundraising using Facebook Payments or Fundraisers.
To receive payments, you can either sign up through Facebook Payments or we will default to sending distributions through Network for Good’s Donor Advised Fund.
However, there are different features, fees and payment timing when you sign up to receive donations through Facebook Payments: you’ll get access to Facebook’s reporting tools, contact information for donors who opt-in to receive emails from your organization, and links to all of your fundraisers on Facebook. You’ll also be able to use the donate button to collect donations directly on Facebook.
Learn more: Apply to Use Direct Fundraising Tools.
Learn more about the Network for Good Donor Advised Fund and our partnerships.
- How is the charity paid? Nonprofits that have been approved to receive donations through Facebook Payments are paid on a biweekly basis based on when each donation comes in. Nonprofits receiving distributions through the Network for Good Donor Advised Fund receive payouts 60-75 days after the donation is made. Click here for details.
- Is there a fee for donations made on Facebook? Yes, nonprofits that have been approved to receive donations through Facebook Payments pay a 5% fee for vetting, fraud protection, payment processing, and operational costs. Nonprofits receiving distributions through the Network for Good Donor Advised Fund pay a 5.75% fee. Click here for details.
- Daily Transaction Report – This report includes detailed information on each donation made to your organization, whether through the donate button or through a fundraiser. This report includes fields like First Name, Last Name, Amount Donated and Email Address (if the donor decides to share it). These are updated daily, but won’t show up on your report for 48 hours. For example, a donation made on January 1, 2016 will appear in a report available for download after January 3, 2016.
- Payout Report – This report shows the funds that will be transferred into your account. The resulting payout occurs about two weeks after the end of the donation period (if your organization has accrued at least $100 in donations). If you haven’t accrued $100 in donations in a given period, the amount you’ve raised will roll over into the next two-week period, until you have accrued $100 in donations.
- Go to Publishing Tools on the top of the Page
- Select Donation Settings on the left side of the Page
- Click Download Donation Reports
For more information, visit our help pages.